Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 51,000 employees in more than 70 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world.
In this internship, you will learn to provide an objective, impartial and unbiased opinion about the value of real property for a variety of clients and intended users. Perform a range of functions working under the supervision of a Senior Appraiser, including comprehensive and detailed market research, report writing, and creating complex financial models.
- Research comparable sales, listings, and rentals for the San Francisco Bay Area. Property types range from Office, Industrial, Retail, and Multi-family.
- Assist in the construction of financial models, including discounted cash flow
- Research benchmark rates of return including cap rates and discount rates
- Assist in the preparation of appraisals and other consulting reports that can assist the client with decision making
- Inspect property and interview market participants
- Prepare highest and best use land and property studies
- Rising Junior or Senior working toward a bachelor’s degree. Coursework in accounting, finance, economics, and/or real estate, preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Passion for research, analytical, and problem-solving.
- Interested in a long-term Appraisal career
- Legal authorization to work in U.S. (Visa sponsorship unavailable for this position)